Looking for something fun to do this spring? Why not Audition for THE 39 STEPS? This hilarious show features non-stop action and will be directed by Diana Alioto. We are looking for a great cast and crew for this exciting show. Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Scripts are available to check out for a cash or check deposit prior to auditions. Auditioners will be asked to fill out an Audition Information Sheet prior to auditions; one may fill this out the night of the auditions or ahead of time by downloading the THE 39 STEPS Audition Form.
Here are the dates of the auditions and information about the show:
Auditions: March 2 – March 3, 2015 (7-10 pm)*
Performances: April 23 – May 10, 2015
Hitchcock meets hilarious as Englishman Richard Hannay encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents and devastatingly beautiful women in this fast-paced whodunit. Part espionage thriller and part slapstick comedy, four actors play over 150 characters in this ingeniously adapted homage to film noir and theatrical stagecraft.
CAST OF CHARACTERS
All the roles in the play are performed by four actors. One plays Richard Hannay; a female plays the three women in the play; and two “clowns” play every other character, including heroes, villains, men, women, children, and even the occasional inanimate object. The following is only a partial list of those many characters.
Richard Hannay: A dapper English gentleman, Richard Hannay is bored until Annabella Schmidt comes into his life and starts him on a heroic and hilarious journey.
- Annabella Schmidt: An exotic secret agent, Annabella Schmidt is in dire need of Hannay’s help.
- Pamela: A beautiful woman, Pamela is lured into Hannay’s adventure but is skeptical of his claims of innocence.
- Margaret: The wife of Crofter the farmer, Margaret is a shy young woman who dreams of life and adventure in the city.
- Crofter: A deeply jealous and suspicious Scottish farmer, Crofter houses Hannay for a night while he is on the run.
- Mr. Memory: A stage performer, Mr. Memory has the ability to recall thousands of facts on command.
- Professor Jordan: Surrounded in mystery, Professor Jordan may hold the key to learning what and who “The 39 Steps” are.
- Other heroes, villians, men, women and inanimate objects.
THE 39 STEPS is not a show that is done often so if you are looking for an exciting new production to be a part of, please consider coming to the auditions next week!