We have auditions for all performances at The Playhouse, and anyone is welcome to come out and show us what they’ve got!
Follow the links below for specific production audition details.
Scripts can be checked out at the box office Monday-Friday (1-5pm) and Saturday (1-4pm) with a $10 deposit. No guarantee of availability.
For further information or if you have any questions, contact Production Volunteer Coordinator, Kristen Kraklow at email@example.com or by calling (262) 782-4431 ext. 222.
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING
Book by Abe Burrows, Jack Weinstock and Willie Gilbert
Music and Lyrics by Frank Loesser
Based on How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying by Shepherd Mead.
Auditions: May 21 & 22, 2013 (7-10pm)
Callbacks: May 23, 2013
Rehearsals: June 10 - July 18, 2013
Performances: July 18 - August 11, 2013
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING will be directed by Thomas Lueck. Please show up on one of the dates listed above with a 32 bar cut of an uptempo song in the style of the show. Auditions will also consist of a choreography workshop. Bring sheet music, an accompanist will be provided, and bring clothing that you can move in. Character descriptions follow.
Auditioners will be asked to fill out an Audition Information Sheet prior to auditions; you can fill this out the night of the auditions or ahead of time by downloading the HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING Audition Form.
- Major Characters
- J. Pierrepont Finch (20-30s Tenor) – a window washer who applies for a job at the World Wide Wicket Company.
- Rosemary Pilkington (20-30s Mezzo) – a secretary at the World Wide Wicket Company who instantly falls in love with Finch.
- J.B. Biggley (50-70s Baritone) – The boss of the World Wide Wicket Company.
- Bud Frump (20-30s Baritone) – Biggley's arrogant and lazy nephew.
- Hedy LaRue (20-30s Mezzo) – Biggley's attractive and dim-witted mistress.
- Supporting Characters
- Miss Jones (45-70s Soprano) – Biggley's immovable secretary who is charmed by Finch.
- Book voice – the "voice" of the book How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying which narrates the musical
- Mr. Bert Bratt (30-50s Baritone) – Personnel manager
- Mr. Twimble (50-70s Baritone) – Head of the mailroom for 25 years; finally gets promoted to the shipping department.
- Smitty (25-35s Mezzo) – Rosemary's best friend and fellow secretary at the World Wide Wicket Company
- Mr. Milton Gatch (30-60s) – head of the Plans and Systems department
- Miss Krumholtz (30-60s Mezzo) – a secretary of Mr. Gatch, then Finch.
- Mr. Benjamin Burton Daniel Ovington (30s-60s) – prospective head of the advertising department until Finch reveals that he has graduated from Biggley's college's archrival; he is often referred to in the show by his initials, "BBDO".
- Mr. Wally Womper (50-70s Baritone) – the Chairman of the World Wide Wicket Company.
- Executives and Secretaries (Various Ages Varies) – Chorus